Avian Flu!
No, this is not about the bird flu! That's too boring and repetitive for me. NZ papers have something to say about it everyday.

No, this is about juicier stuff - Astronaut Lisa Nowak! I can't help think that the mental faculties of Americans are very fragile. Have you checked out the before and after pictures of this amour-smitten bird? She must have flown into space with "Love is in the Air" echoing through her consciousness. And then, she returned, spaced out! That's what happens at NASA, they say. The pressure is overwhelming, especially for a woman! We are told that everyone in the good old US of A is sympathising with Ms. Lovesick it almost makes me sick!

Here is a liberated woman, in the truest sense of the word, with three little children who takes off well protected with a diaper and ammo to do in the woman who has her love interest more interested. Duh! I just don't get it. Why should we condone what she has done ( the disgrace to us women, not forgetting her own family) - those little kids will grow up wondering what made Mommy go crackt!

Anyway, I don't want to give you the impression that I don't care for her feelings. I am a big sucker for a good love story or the romantic chick-flick but let it be known that I could never sympathise with a woman who put herself before her kids and that's that.

Another bird that's flown away is poor rich Anna Nicole Smith. Well, we can rest assured that her life was pretty wholesome, and more. Heaven will probably find a place for her. At least, her news has taken the focus away from Ms Nowak as I was getting nauseatingly sick and tired of all the media sympathy (NASA probably had an invisible hand in encouraging that). After all, if we do believe the "landing on the moon lies" NASA would appear to have a warped way of displaying the truth.