
"Cute" Amplified
Yesterday was a day of sorts. Ryan was flying away with the flu and Jayden was overful of beans. So, in the early afternoon, we decided to take him out for a drive. While in the car he went on with his usual ramblings and finding it all so cute, I told him he is my "sweetie". Then just to be smart, I asked him what he thought it means. It was meant to be rhetoric but I'm slowly finding that no question is too difficult for my boy these days. Pat was the reply, "Sweetie means a bowl full of sugar." I was tickled to tears. So I decided to push my amusement a little further by telling him that he is also a "hottie". Now that, I thought, would put the little einstein off but according to Jayden, "A 'hottie' means 'hot in a pot'."
Later in the evening, to keep the little imp out of trouble, I decided to continue with our drawing sessions - we've been into "observation" sketching. I'm not even an amateur myself but this is one thing that gets him to sit down still, so I indulge. We decided to sketch the bonsai growing in the middle of our courtyard. He did a very good job selecting colours and getting the lines and I could see a reasonably good reproduction of our tree! He looked like he was really enjoying this. Suddenly, out of nowhere, my little man asks if he could now start drawing things "from his mind"! I was dumbfounded since I thought he was really into the experience so I questioned his enjoyment of the same to which he replied that "drawing from my mind is more fun!" That's my boy! What can I say, he may not be the smartest but he does say the darndest things!
The cutest, I must aver, is "Mama I love you."
Labels: Children, cute, parents